Are you tired of your same old PB&J at work or school? Are you looking for a Friday meal for Lent? Do you just want a yummy recipe to try? Perfect! I’ve taken this recipe from my mom and changed it a little. The recipe for my egg salad can be altered to preference. The serving size depends on how many eggs you cook. It’s super simple and only has 5 ingredients!
- ~1 cup of Mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Mustard
- 8 Hard Boiled Eggs
- 1/2 cup of Celery
- 1/2 cup of Red Onion
- Place eggs into a pot and add water to just cover them. Bring the water to a boil and let it simmer for 8 minutes. Take off the heat to let the eggs sit in the pot for another 8 minutes. Pour out hot water and rinse eggs with cold water. I like to put ice cubes in the pot to really help the eggs cool down.
- Chop up your celery and red onion. I chop about 1/2 cup of each when using 8 eggs. Add more of less if you like or depending on how many eggs you use.
- Slice eggs into cubes. (It’s really handy to have an egg slicer tool for this part)
- Combine your cubed eggs, chopped celery and onion into a mixing bowl. To the bowl you want to add the mustard (I use Djion mustard) and about a 1 cup of mayo. Add more mayo to thicken mixture, if desired.
- Once mixed together add salt and pepper to taste.
- Toast up some bread, add a good helping of egg salad, and enjoy!
What type of sandwich is your go-to? Let me know in the comments below.