Stuffed Shells is a perfect dish for vegetarians and is just yummy in general. It took me a while to find this recipe because in Texas there seems to be no option for jumbo shells. This is the recipe my mom uses. I know instead of ricotta you can use cottage cheese, but ricotta tastes SO much better. Here is the link for the recipe:
- 12 ozRonzoni® Jumbo Shells
- 4 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 jar pasta sauce
1. Heat oven to 375°F.
2. Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain.
3. Meanwhile, in medium bowl, stir together cheeses, eggs, parsley, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
4. In 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish, spread 1/2 cup pasta sauce.
5. Fill each cooked shell with about 1-1/2 level tablespoons cheese mixture; layer one-half filled shells in-prepared dish.
6. Spread one-half remaining sauce over shells; layer remaining filled shells over sauce.
7. Spread remaining sauce over shells; sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.
8. Cover with foil; bake 35 minutes or until hot and bubbly (doubling recipe or more may require increased baking time).